Our history

In 2012 Anderson Lloyd celebrated its 150th anniversary. Early Otago identity B.C. Haggitt founded the firm when he established his legal practice in 1862 in Victoria Chambers, Manse Street, Dunedin.

There have been numerous mergers and acquisitions in the subsequent decades and Anderson Lloyd now has offices in Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown.

Our lawyers advise across ten key areas of law: agribusiness and rural; banking and finance; corporate and commercial; dispute resolution; employment and health and safety; environment, planning and natural resources; infrastructure, projects and construction; local government; private client; and property and development.

We are proud of our heritage.

B.C Haggitt 1862