Anderson Lloyd’s construction team of lawyers provide strategic and commercially focused guidance at all stages of the construction cycle.
Our construction law expertise includes:
- procurement strategies and processes
- design, engineering and consultancy agreements
- alliances and early contractor involvement arrangements
- construction contracts, including the industry standard forms such as NZS, FIDIC and NEC
- operation and maintenance agreements
- back-end construction – dispute resolution through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or adjudication.
Our recent construction projects include major irrigation developments, the installation of a new gondola at a New Zealand skifield, a major student accommodation project, expansion of dairy factories, major windfarm and hydro-power developments, greenfield hotel and tourism sector developments, and a major multi-use sporting facility. Through our construction law expertise, we are able to help our clients plan and complete their construction and infrastructure projects within legal and regulatory requirements.
Anderson Lloyd is internationally recognised by top global legal directories for our construction law expertise, including rankings within the most recent Asia Pacific editions of the Chamber & Partners and asialaw Profiles directories. Anderson Lloyd is also listed as a leading law firm for Construction, Projects and Infrastructure in the New Zealand edition of the Doyles Guide.
Our Construction Team members are proud to have contributed as the sole authors of the New Zealand chapter of the Chambers and Partners 2022 Global Practice Guide on Construction Law. Read our most recent analysis of New Zealand Construction law here.
PDF version here.