Anderson Lloyd has a strong team of specialist employment lawyers acting for some of the country’s largest employers, as well as SMEs and employees, covering the full spectrum of employment issues and disputes.
In addition to alternative dispute resolution options such as mediation, our lawyers regularly appear in the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court. We have also represented clients before the Court of Appeal.
Within our employment team, we have a specialist investigation practice. Our independent investigators can conduct workplace investigations, independent investigations, and inquiries.
Our employment law expertise includes:
- drafting and reviewing employment agreements
- collective bargaining
- disciplinary procedures
- representation in mediation and court appearances
- restraints of trade and protection of confidential information
- employment implications of business sales and purchases
- development of employment policies
- personal grievances and disputes
- advising clients in relation to payroll requirements
- compliance advice
- obligations of employers, workplace occupiers and the operators of activities
- health and safety plans, guidelines and statutory requirements
- health and safety investigations and prosecutions
- assisting employers with recruiting and retaining staff from overseas
- accredited employer applications
We are recognised by top global legal directories for our labour and employment law expertise, including The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 directory and Best Lawyers in New Zealand. Anderson Lloyd has also been recognised as a 5-Star New Zealand Employment Law Firm by the Human Resources Director publication.