Health and Safety
Our health and safety lawyers have nationally recognised specialist expertise in relation to all aspects of health and safety.
We provide advice on the obligations imposed upon employers, workplace occupiers, and the operators of activities where issues for the health and safety of employees are a significant consideration.
Our health and safety expertise includes:
- preparing health and safety plans and guidelines.
- advising on statutory requirements.
- representing clients in WorkSafe investigations.
- representing organisations and individuals in health and safety prosecutions.
- advising on the health and safety requirements regarding COVID-19, particularly in relation to vaccinations.
- representing clients in several prosecutions involving fatalities in relation to various industrial and sporting accidents.
- representing clients in a number of prosecutions involving other serious harm, including loss of limbs, chemical exposure, and other workplace accidents.
- representing individual employees in WorkSafe investigations.
We regularly provide training and seminars to directors, boards, and companies on their health and safety and due diligence obligations pursuant to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. We have represented clients in over 200 investigations and prosecutions for serious harm accidents and were successful in obtaining New Zealand’s first Court-Ordered Enforceable Undertaking.