Senior Associate, Dunedin
BSc, LLB, University of Otago
Malcolm is a Senior Associate in our Litigation team. He specialises in employment law and health and safety, and has particular expertise resolving disputes through mediation and negotiation, which often require a more lateral and creative approach.
Malcolm’s professional career started in the specialist field of employment law, where timely, practical, and cost-effective advice is essential. He then broadened his horizons, spending three years in London, as in-house counsel, focusing on employment law before concentrating on commercial procurement projects for local authorities.
Returning to his home town of Dunedin, Malcolm embraced another challenge – working in Anderson Lloyd’s litigation team and resolving commercial disputes for a wide variety of clients specialising in professional indemnity, health and safety and alcohol licensing. His grounding and exposure to a range of legal work means Malcolm approaches problems collaboratively and strategically to find the right solution for his clients.
Malcolm is currently a trustee on the Dunedin Kindergarten Board and is also a member of the Kaikorai Primary School Board of Trustees.
- Selling your business? When to tell your employee – the art of consultation
- Holidays and annual closedowns – what you need to know
- Holidays and annual closedowns – What you need to know
- Flexible working – working from the Hoffice
- Employment Obligations during Alert Levels 2 and 3
- Holidays Act and discretionary bonuses
- Triangular Employment – Amendment Act
- Sick leave: Essential Workers’ Leave Scheme
- COVID-19 – Wage Subsidy Q & A
- Lockdown – public holidays and annual leave obligations
- Coronavirus: Key Employment Law questions