LL.B, University of Otago LLM, University of London
David is a member of Anderson Lloyd’s corporate and commercial team, advising on commercial, governance and corporate law matters. His work includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, insolvencies, corporate structuring, and negotiating and preparing commercial agreements.
David joined Anderson Lloyd as a Partner in November 2013. He was admitted to the bar in 1988 and has more than 25 years’ experience as a lawyer in Christchurch, Wellington and London – during which time he completed a Masters in company and commercial law at the University of London.
David has considerable experience in providing advice on general corporate matters, including governance, directors’ duties, shareholder disputes, Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 compliance, receiverships, and liquidations. David is one of New Zealand’s leading irrigation lawyers and acts for a large number of irrigation companies in relation to governance, structure, and capital raising matters.
David regularly presents seminars on company and commercial matters for the New Zealand Law Society and various industry associations.
David is a member of the Director’s Institute. He is recommended as a banking and finance, corporate, and mergers and acquisitions lawyer in the Legal 500 (Asia Pacific) directory, and is also recommended for his Corporate Law expertise in the current edition of the ‘Best Lawyers’ rankings.
- Companies (Directors Duties) Amendment Bill – A shift towards the stakeholder view of corporate governance
- Ināia totu nei: A low emissions future for Aotearoa – Agri sector
- COVID-19 in the community 2.0 – legislative responses
- Key Person Insurance – Buy/Sell Agreements
- Directors & Officers Insurance – key issues to consider
- Bringing in an equity investor into your agribusiness – issues that arise