Partner, Ōtepoti | Dunedin
BA, LLB, University of Otago
Vanessa is a Partner in our Property and Private Client team. She joined Anderson Lloyd’s Queenstown office in August 2004, and moved to the Dunedin office in early 2019. Vanessa is a property specialist with expertise in rural property, subdivisions and property transactions, estate planning and trust law.
Vanessa also has considerable experience in consents and approvals, conservation estate, district and regional plans and tourism.
Vanessa has a diverse property law practice and has become a trusted adviser to a broad range of clients including private and corporate entities. Her range of experience, both in New Zealand and the UK, assists her to understand different clients’ needs, the complexities of their legal matters and to negotiate successfully with third parties.
Vanessa is focused on understanding what her clients are looking to achieve and then working to get the desired outcome in a timely manner. It is important to Vanessa that her clients feel they can ring her at any time to ask questions or discuss their issues.
- Reform of New Zealand’s Succession Law – what has the Law Commission recommended and why should you be interested?
- The Plant Variety Rights Bill 2021 – what do we know so far
- Succession and Forestry Rights
- Snapshot: Legislation Update
- Recent free trade developments to benefit New Zealand
- The Trusts Act 2019 – Now in force
- New Zealand and China sign an upgraded Free Trade Agreement
- Crown Pastoral Land Reform Bill – Public Submissions now closed
- Year in Review – 2020 property case law developments
- The Organic Products Bill 2020 – a proposed regime to regulate New Zealand’s organic farming industry
- New Trusts Act 2019 – Frequently Asked Questions by our clients
- Agritech sector to get a push
- Changes to the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001