Partner, Tāhuna | Queenstown
Derek is a Partner in Anderson Lloyd’s corporate and commercial team and is based out of our Queenstown office. He advises a range of domestic and international clients on corporate transactions, with particular expertise in private equity and venture capital, where Derek acts for fund managers and investors as well as the New Zealand companies they invest in.
He also has over 20 years’ international experience in commercial matters, with deep sectoral focus in technology (including data privacy), intangible assets and, more recently, blockchain. He has extensive experience of advising in relation to outsourcing arrangements and complex IT projects.
Derek joined Anderson Lloyd as a Partner in 2019, having previously been a Partner at Meredith Connell in Auckland. He also worked for the Hong Kong offices of Sidley Austen and Pinsent Masons over a 12 year period in Asia. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Hong Kong New Zealand Business Association and a member of the New Zealand Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
Derek is recognised as a leading lawyer in Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) in the most recent edition of The Legal 500 (Asia Pacific).
- Australia’s progressive privacy law reforms may just be the incentive we have been waiting for…
- Recent review of the Health Information Privacy Code 2020
- MBIE consultation on influence of blockchain on productivity and wellbeing
- One year on – a look at the Privacy Act 2020
- COVID-19 in the community 2.0 – legislative responses
- Consumer Data Right
- Cyber-attacks: Will your business be NZXT?
- Another step closer to New Zealand’s new privacy landscape