LLB, BA, University of Otago
Dan is a Partner who advises on all aspects of property law, with a particular focus on assisting clients with:
- forestry acquisitions and disposals;
- mixed-use developments;
- commercial and industrial leasing; and
- Overseas Investment Act applications.
Dan works hard to help clients achieve their goals and provides timely and commercial advice.
Dan has been involved in a number of high value property deals in New Zealand. His recent experience includes advising:
- New Forests Asset Management Pty Limited on its acquisitions of significant New Zealand forestry assets as well as property management issues;
- NZ Retail Property Group on the development of the Westgate Town Centre;
- James Kirkpatrick Group Limited on the development and leasing of its industrial assets in the greater Auckland region.
- Silverfin Capital Limited on the syndicated acquisition and management of various industrial, commercial and retail assets; and
- Ports of Auckland Limited on its legal property requirements in the Auckland region and on the development and leasing of its new Waikato Freight Hub;
- Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. on its forestry portfolio;
- Argosy Property Limited on the development and leasing of its retail and commercial assets.
Dan is internationally recognised by top global/national legal directories for his expertise advising on real estate matters, including being named an “Up and Coming” lawyer in Real Estate in the 2020 Chambers and Partners Guide, a ‘Rising Star’ in NZ Lawyer’s inaugural 2020 Rising Stars list, a ‘Notable Practitioner’ in Real Estate in the 2020 edition of asialaw Profiles, and a ‘Rising Star’ in Real Estate and Construction in the 2020 Legal 500 rankings.