LLB, BA, University of Otago
Dan is a Partner who advises on all aspects of property law, with a particular focus on assisting clients with:
- forestry acquisitions and disposals;
- mixed-use developments;
- commercial and industrial leasing; and
- advising clients on Overseas Investment Act 2005 applications.
Dan works hard to help clients achieve their goals and provides timely and commercial advice.
Dan has been involved in a number of high value property deals in New Zealand. His recent experience includes advising:
- New Forests Asset Management Pty Limited on its acquisitions of significant New Zealand forestry assets and property management issues;
- Argosy Property Limited on new industrial and commercial developments;
- Ports of Auckland Limited on its legal property requirements in the Auckland region and on the development and leasing of its new Waikato Freight Hub;
- Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. on its forestry portfolio;
- NZ Retail Property Group on the development of the Westgate Town Centre and the sale of the Highbury Shopping Centre;
- Silverfin Capital Limited on the syndicated acquisition and management of various industrial and retail assets; and
- James Kirkpatrick Group Limited on the development and leasing of its industrial assets in the greater Auckland region.
Dan is internationally recognised by top global legal directories for his expertise advising on real estate matters, including being named a Next Generation Lawyer in Real Estate & Construction in the 2019 Legal 500 Asia Pacific rankings. Dan was also a finalist for Young Practice Lawyer of the Year at the 2018 New Zealand Law Awards.