LLB, BA, University of Otago
Dan is a Partner who advises on all aspects of property law, with a particular focus on assisting clients with:
- forestry acquisitions and disposals;
- mixed-use developments;
- commercial and industrial leasing; and
- Overseas Investment Act applications.
Dan works hard to help clients achieve their goals and provides timely and commercial advice.
Dan has been involved in a number of high value property deals in New Zealand. His recent experience includes advising:
- New Forests Asset Management Pty Limited on its acquisitions of significant New Zealand forestry assets as well as property management issues;
- NZ Retail Property Group on the development of the Westgate Town Centre;
- James Kirkpatrick Group Limited on the development and leasing of its industrial assets in the greater Auckland region.
- Silverfin Capital Limited on the syndicated acquisition and management of various industrial, commercial and retail assets; and
- Ports of Auckland Limited on its legal property requirements in the Auckland region and on the development and leasing of its new Waikato Freight Hub;
- Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. on its forestry portfolio;
- Argosy Property Limited on the development and leasing of its retail and commercial assets.
Dan is internationally recognised by top global/national legal directories for his expertise advising on real estate matters, including being named an “Up and Coming” lawyer in Real Estate in the 2020 and 2021 Chambers and Partners Guide, a ‘Rising Star’ in NZ Lawyer’s inaugural 2020 Rising Stars list, a ‘Notable Practitioner’ in Real Estate in the 2020 edition of asialaw Profiles, and a ‘Rising Star’ in Real Estate and Construction in the 2020 Legal 500 rankings. The Chambers & Partners (Asia Pacific) 2021 edition states Dan is praised by a client as a “hard-working, responsive practitioner with great sectoral knowledge and experience.”
- Anderson Lloyd sole author of the 2021 Chambers Global Practice Guide – New Zealand Real Estate chapter
- Year in Review – 2020 property case law developments
- Forests (Regulation of Log Traders and Forestry Advisors) Amendment Bill
- Proposed changes to the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme and Climate Change Response Act 2002
- The Overseas Investment Amendment Act 2018: What it means for the forestry industry