Frazer Barton elected as South Island Vice-President on the New Zealand Law Society Board
We would like to congratulate our Chairman of partners and Head of Litigation, Frazer Barton for receiving the honour of being elected to the Board of the New Zealand Law Society (NZLS) as South Island Vice- President.
The Board acts as the governing body, managing the affairs of the Law Society and exercising most of the functions and powers of the Council under delegation. The Board comprises the President, four Vice-Presidents and an independent observer.
From today, the New Zealand Law Society Board consists of:
- Tiana Epati (President)
- Jacque Lethbridge (Vice-President, Auckland) – recently elected for two year term.
- Herman Visagie (Vice-President, Central North Island)
- Arti Chand (Vice-President, Wellington) – recently elected for two year term.
- Frazer Barton (Vice-President, South Island) – recently elected for two year term.
- Jason Pemberton (Independent observer
Frazer has a long history of giving back to the legal community as a former President of the Otago Branch of the New Zealand Law Society, and a faculty member of the New Zealand Law Society Litigation Skills Programme.
We wish Frazer well with his latest appointment.