Anderson Lloyd is the largest law firm in Queenstown, New Zealand’s tourist capital, and we have a history of over 150 years in the town.
So it is no surprise that we are the chosen adviser to many of New Zealand’s most successful tourism operators. Having an office based in Queenstown ensures we are surrounded by the sector and understand the business drivers and complexities of our tourism clients.
Anderson Lloyd has market leading expertise advising on all aspects of the tourism industry including acquisitions, commercial structuring, construction and infrastructure, maritime/marine, Overseas Investment Act, banking, health and safety, employment, RMA, and Conservation Act issues.
Our experience spans tourism retailers and wholesalers operating in traditional, adventure and eco-tourism spaces. We have advised clients with the interest of growing in the tourism sector, while addressing sustainability considerations.
We act for a wide range of clients including those in the following areas of tourism:
- destination attractions (especially in Queenstown and the southern lakes, Fiordland, Stewart Island, Mount Cook, Christchurch the sub Antarctic islands and South Island rivers)
- maritime and marine tourism including oceangoing passenger and charter vessels, passenger and charter vessels on the lakes, jet boating, rafting and international angling
- domestic aviation including helicopters and smaller fixed wing services
- some of New Zealand’s largest ski fields
- procuring and building tourism infrastructure (such as hotels, buses, vessels, gondolas and chairlifts)
- golf courses
- adventure tourism
- hospitality including vineyards and wineries, restaurants, and food and beverage
- advised clients of resorts and hotels from the concept stage through to successful trading