Banking and finance
Anderson Lloyd’s banking and finance team has a strong track record advising on domestic and international debt financing transactions. We provide our clients with a responsive approach and innovative, practical solutions.
We are represented on law firm panels for a number of banks, and act for finance companies and for borrower/issuer clients across a range of sectors.
We represent international banks, financial institutions and borrowers regularly on international financing transactions involving New Zealand borrowers/security providers, and advising on New Zealand regulatory issues.
Our expertise includes:
- Corporate and acquisition finance: Our team has advised trading and investment banks, mezzanine financiers and borrowers (including private equity houses and trade buyers) on many significant corporate and acquisition financing transactions.
- Project finance: In the project finance area, our team has advised banks, multi-lateral agencies and sponsors on a wide range of project financing transactions in the energy, resources, petrochemical, transport, water and social infrastructure sectors. We have acted as lead counsel to the successful sponsor consortia on five of the six PPPs procured to date in New Zealand.
- Structured and asset-based finance: Our experience includes advising financiers and borrowers/lessees on aircraft, rail and vessel financing transactions, receivables financings and tax-efficient funding structures. We have particular expertise advising on export credit agency-backed transactions.
- Property and construction finance: We advise banks, mezzanine funders and borrowers on institutional, investment and property development/construction financings.
- Consumer finance: We are experienced in advising in relation to consumer credit law with particular expertise on the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 and preparing standard form financing documents for clients in the consumer finance area.
- Financial services regulation: Our expertise covers advising on financial sector regulatory issues including compliance with AML/CFT, financial adviser and financial service provider legislation, and Reserve Bank and non-bank deposit taker legislation.