Partner, Ōtautahi | Christchurch
LLB and BSc, Victoria University of Wellington
Alex has significant experience advising on transactions, property developments and project consenting. She joined Anderson Lloyd in April 2013 having previously worked with leading law firms in Auckland and Wellington.
Alex likes to make things happen. She enjoys developing effective strategy to achieve the required consents, permits and access approvals for projects. These range from single building projects to complex residential subdivisions to major commercial projects (energy generation, mineral extraction, infrastructure, retail and supermarket developments).
Her area of practice also covers due diligence investigations, district plan processes (including intensification streamlined planning processes under the Enabling Housing Supply legislation) and advising on obligations that arise under the Overseas Investment Act for sensitive land.
Alex is currently advising clients on the Natural and Built Environment Act and Spatial Planning Act.
Alex’s clients vary from individual property developers, territorial authorities, through to regional and national companies.
- Amendment to Crown Minerals legislation
- 2023 Energy Excellence Awards
- Meet the lawyers spearheading NZ’s latest projects
- RM reform update
- We are delighted to announce the appointment of two new partners
- Resource Management legislation to be reformed this parliamentary term
- New activities-based district plan notified for fast-growing Selwyn District