Partner, Ōtautahi | Christchurch
LLB, BCom, University of Canterbury
Simon has more than twenty years’ experience as a specialist commercial litigator.
He advises clients on commercial disputes involving a wide variety of matters, including complex commercial contracts and property issues, construction and infrastructure projects, insurance, company and shareholder obligations and directors’ duties.
Simon’s practice also includes a focus on insolvency. He has acted in relation to many securities enforcement, restructuring and credit recovery matters, both in New Zealand and overseas.
His clients are many and varied, including financiers, local authorities, developers, insurers, building and construction companies, directors and shareholders, and insolvency professionals.
Simon spent five years working in London, specialising in corporate and financial services litigation, and was admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales. He is a member of the Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand (RITANZ), the New Zealand Insurance Law Association, Infrastructure New Zealand, and the New Zealand Society of Construction Law.
- Liability of directors for company debts Supreme Court in Mainzeal orders directors pay $39.8 million plus interest
- Disaster Damage: Where to from here?
- Are restrictive covenants or easements hampering your development?
- Anderson Lloyd assisting Southern Response earthquake claimants entitled to further compensation
- Directors & Officers Insurance – key issues to consider