Partner, Ōtepoti | Dunedin
BCom (Hons), LLB (First Class Hons), University of Otago
Sarah is a Partner in the commercial department and has been with Anderson Lloyd since 2002. She advises clients on a range of corporate law matters, including business acquisitions, divestments, restructurings and insolvencies, drafting and advising on commercial contracts, and providing legislative compliance advice.
New Zealand Lawyer magazine recognised Sarah in its 2014 Hot List as one of the 28 “trail blazing lawyers changing the industry right now”.
Sarah presents guest lectures for the University of Otago’s Advanced Company Law and Banking Law classes. She has presented seminars for the New Zealand Law Society and written for numerous legal publications on consumer finance issues.
Sarah is a Trustee of the Otago Youth Wellness Trust and the Digital Community Trust, Chair of the organising committee for the Cancer Society Ball, and a member of the Institute of Directors and the Banking and Financial Services Law Association.
- Key changes to note in the new Incorporated Societies Act 2022
- Impact of the Fair Trading Amendment Act 2022
- Directors and senior managers of consumer credit providers now under a personal due diligence obligation
- COVID-19 in the community 2.0 – legislative responses
- Commerce Act – Failing firms in the context of COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Headline thoughts for New Zealand businesses
- Consumer credit law changes and their impact on lenders
- Commerce Act 1986: Recent significant developments
- Fair Trading Amendment Bill