Partner, Tāmaki Makaurau | Auckland
LLB, BA, Victoria University of Wellington
Anton is a specialist in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors. Since 2004 he has been advising clients on transactions in these sectors, in over 30 countries, including project development and project financing, public private partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, construction, and a wide variety of commercial contracts.
After more than 10 years with law firms in Wellington, Dubai and Singapore (including seven years with Clifford Chance in Dubai and Singapore), Anton joined Anderson Lloyd in March 2015.
Anton is internationally recognised in the current editions of top global legal directories for his expertise advising on construction, project development and infrastructure matters, including by Chambers and Partners, the IFLR1000 guide and the Doyle’s Guide. Chambers & Partners (Asia Pacific) 2021 states that Anton has extensive experience advising on major energy projects including procurement, contracting and development aspects as well as project finance. One interviewee said: “Anton is a good guy to have with you when things are a bit ugly. He’s not afraid to offer a contrary view and is strong both technically and commercially”.
Anton is a member of the Society of Construction Law New Zealand.
- Anderson Lloyd recommended in latest Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2024
- Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2024
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific Green Guide 2024 Edition – Recommended Firm
- Anderson Lloyd advises on NZ Windfarms Ltd and Meridian Energy joint venture
- The refurbished NZS 3910 – What’s new?
- 2023 IFLR1000 rankings
- 2023 Energy Excellence Awards
- Anderson Lloyd authors of the 2023 Chambers Global Practice Guide – New Zealand Construction Law chapter
- Retention funds: New obligations and offences with teeth
- The effect of contractor insolvency on subcontractor warranties
- Letters of intent: the risks of contracting without a contract
- Payment schedules: why they need to be Spotless
- The risks of attaching too many documents to a construction contract
- COVID-19 in the community 2.0 – legislative responses
- Anderson Lloyd sole author of the 2021 Chambers Global Practice Guide – New Zealand Real Estate chapter
- Get it right, and Auckland Light Rail could be revolutionary